Tuesday, February 28, 2017

The Biggest (Bust) Gaming Day of the Year

Man, I was ready to go.

Got up early this morning to get everything off my plate, because today might be the biggest gaming day of the year. Certainly, with the Switch launching later this week, it's the biggest few gaming days of the year for me.

I backed Torment: Tides of Numenera during the Kickstarter campaign. Day one. This morning, I open up my Gmail and there's the backer email, telling me how to claim my game key.

Umm, first I have to make an account over at the game's website. All right.

Then I have to go into my new account and check the rewards page for the Keys tab and...wait, there's no Key tab.

Oh, wait. I have to verify the email address I used to open the account with. Done.

Go back to the Keys page. Nothing. I have no rewards and no pledges listed.

Now, I have to email their support. They're experiencing a high volume of emails--can't imagine why--and I'm not expecting a response very soon.

I explain that I backed the game using a different email address that is now dead, and asked them to transfer the reward to this, usable, email address.

Super.

At least I can still play Horizon: Zero Dawn, right? Just as fired up about that game, and I can't wait to play it.

Oh, it hasn't started downloading yet. It didn't even pre-download.

Damn, man.


Site Meter