Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Halloween 2016/MRI/Fighting Eleven

We had 39 trick-or-treaters last night, and in our incredibly tidy little town, there were designated trick-or-treat hours--6 to 8 p.m.

Right on cue, we had little kids running up to the door at 6:05.

I have three costume reports so far: Halifax, St. Paul, and Toronto.

John Harwood, who is dangerously clever, set this up in his front yard last night:


Click on the image for a larger version and you'll see the pumpkin's panic (that sounds like an excellent name for a novel heavy on reflection).

My MRI was at 7 this morning, and I was done by 8. Won't know anything for 3-4 days. Here's what it looked like when I walked outside:



I've had enough of these where it's pretty straightforward now, and I always do the breathing thing. This time, there was a timer above the MRI machine, so I could accurately see how often I was breathing. I was at 2-3 per minute most of the time.

Okay, I appear to have a complete design for Fighting Eleven (I have to change that name, but F11 is the working title). Now I have to create a work plan.

For Gridiron, I literally went by screen, because my brain couldn't see it any other way. This time, I'm trying to start with all the data I need to create the world, and do those structures first. Then, probably, by screen. That's a terrible programming practice, I'm sure, but it's how my mind works.

Also, this project is more complex than I originally thought. It's going to be very, very difficult to create a world of college football that feels dynamic and has life.

Site Meter