Monday, October 24, 2016

The Blur

I've been thinking quite a bit lately about the creative process and how it works, mostly because I've been stuck on parts of the Fighting Eleven design.

Life is chopped into a thousand pieces up here. Not in a bad way, because Eli 15.2 is doing great, so all the workouts and driving and arrangements are part of the scaffolding he needs to climb up, but it's chewed up my work schedule so thoroughly that it's unrecognizable.

Oh, and also in the "worth it" category: Eli's team got beat 5-0 by the #4 team in the country at a tournament last weekend, but they beat the #8 team in the country 3-2 to get there.

Anyway, what I've noticed is that my expectations for what I can reasonably create have had to change to reflect the current situation. So I think about the design of the game as much as I can, even if it's only for a few seconds, hoping to shake something loose.

I've never done it like that before, but I think it's possible for it to work (and it has, as I'll explain in the next post).

Site Meter