Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Marketing Avoidance, But Fun

I'm so sick of staring at website lists that I took a break this morning.

In the Steam forums, someone created a real NFL teams file for Gridiron Solitaire that you could use to have accurate ratings, team colors, styles, etc.

That was pretty inspiring, but what I wanted was a team file for my most vivid memories of football--the 1960s. Even though I was born in 1961, I remember all those teams fondly and remember watching every single game that came on t.v.

So I created a 1966 season file. All eight AFL teams in their own division (although I put Miami, which didn't start playing until 1967, in place of Buffalo), plus eight NFL teams (Baltimore Colts, St. Louis Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams, Pittsburgh Steelers, Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys, Green Bay Packers, and Detroit Lions).

I found stats on both leagues for that season and was able to assign accurate ratings, too.

If you're playing the game and would like a copy, let me know. It's simple to use and I really enjoy seeing the old franchises and team colors.

Site Meter