Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Shortest Decade

Back in 2006 (I looked up the post), I bought six pairs of cargo shorts.

Single sourcing and whatnot. I wear shorts at least ten months of the year, and these shorts had so many pockets that I think I could sneak into Canada carrying two months of food with no problem.

Nine years later, they started getting holes. All of them, at roughly the same time.

"Well, I have to go buy shorts," I said last weekend. "Everything has holes. It's only been nine years, too."

"More cargo shorts?" Eli 13.11 asked, smiling.

"Why do you care?" I asked.

"Because if you buy more cargo shorts, I get to MOCK you for another decade," he said.

"Hmm, I like the sound of that, but no promises," I said.

I wound up going to the closest department store (Kohl's) by our house, because I'm lazy. Twenty minutes later (at most), I was back home.

"Wait, are you back already?" Gloria asked.

"I was buying clothes, not televisions," I said. "How much time do I need?"

"What did you get?" Eli asked.

"Well," I said, "because they were on sale at half price, I got five pairs--of cargo shorts. Commence mocking."

"Nice!" Eli said. "I look forward to that."

$25 a pair and all the same brand, but different colors. Still mostly tent-like. See you in 2024.

Site Meter