Thursday, May 22, 2014

Colonoscopy (what, again?)

I had a second colonoscopy last week, after having had the first seven years ago.

First off, don't dick around with stuff like this. If you're 50+, you should probably have one of these done. Yes, the prep isn't that much fun, but in terms of protecting yourself against some very, very bad things, this is imperative.

Plus, in the intervening years, anesthesia has dramatically improved. This time, I received Propofol, which is pretty incredible. I was under in less than 20 seconds, and after the procedure (which takes only about 30 minutes), I woke up in the recovery room feeling pretty damn good. A little wobbly, maybe, but only a little, and I walked myself out about 20 minutes later. DQ Reader My Wife drove me home, I slept for two hours, and woke up feeling 100% normal.

After that, it was just a regular day.

Site Meter