Thursday, February 13, 2014

Strategy

Eli 12.6 had to take some foul-tasting medicine this week.

After giving up 3 goals on 41 shots over the weekend in two stellar games (6-1 and 5-2 wins), he developed a cough that kept getting worse.

Cue medicine.

"This medicine is so nasty it's undrinkable," he said. "But I've figured out a way to defeat it."

"How?" I asked.

"I drink a mouthful of Sprite before I take it," he said. "Then, as soon as I take it, I drink a big glass of apple juice."

"Hmm," I said, "I think I'd take a different approach."

"What?" he asked.

"Just as an experiment," I said, "I'd line up a series of strong-tasting flavors. Let's say Doritos, Mountain Dew, a slice of jalapeno, an Atomic Sourball, and some pineapple juice."

"WHAT?"

"Here's the theory," I said. "You'd taste each of these flavors as quickly as you could. By the time you got to the end, your taste buds would be so confused that they would retain no trace of the flavor of the medicine."

"Well, my way works," he said.

"Sure," I said. "But my way is more interesting," I said.

"Oh, lord," he said, laughing.

"You'll say that a lot around your Dad," Gloria said. "I do."

Site Meter