Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Cold

There was a 20-30% chance of "light sleet or a dusting of snow" last night.

In response, schools announced that there would be no school today. I'm not kidding.

Why would they do this? Well, because we all lose our minds when there's a single ice pellet on the road:

That's not a live video link--just a screen print--but I'm sure you're not missing anything. It's probably just footage of dumbasses sliding into each other.

There was a 20-car pileup on one of the highways this morning.

I drove to P. Terry's (2 miles away, on back roads) for banana bread and large amounts of diet soda (while I tested the 1.01 update of Gridiron Solitaire, which is now live), and I realized as I walked from the car into the restaurant that it was the coldest I've felt in a long, long time. 27 with 20 mph winds, so the wind chill was about 12F.

I was wearing jeans, a t-shirt, a long underwear shirt, and my rink jacket. For Austin, that is heavy-duty winter garb.

Site Meter