Monday, December 16, 2013

Gridiron Solitaire #85: Very, Very Nearly Done

Very, very nearly.

All the grown-up paperwork stuff has been filed with the state/U.S. I should have information back on Wednesday that gives me the necessary company numbers, etc., so that I can then submit the game to Steam.

There's one more thing I'd like to fix. It's not a gamebreaker, but invoking the suspend state while in the middle of the game can result in some sound effects vanishing upon resume. I'm still trying to find a way to gather more information when this happens, but I'm not confident I'll figure out it out in the next two days. Still trying, though.

As far as everything else, the game is what I hoped it would be when I started. Actually, that's not true--it's way, way more. Mostly because you guys kept suggesting things that I didn't want to do at first, but after I learned more about programming, I was able to add lots and lots of detail into the world.

Plus, and I never expected this when I started, the randomness of the cards matches the randomness of sports in an uncanny manner. The game feels like football (to me, at least), because the cards do a terrific job of simulating momentum. I'm very lucky that it worked out that way.

It's a very strange feeling, being at this point. All of my time has been structured for so long that it feels weird to have even a few moments where it's not like that. I'm still playtesting with almost all of my free time, but that's going to stop soon, too.

I'l let you guys know as soon as I have an estimate from Steam on when the game goes live. I can't believe I'm typing that, either.

Site Meter