Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Rain and Precipices and Whatnot

If you havent played Penny Arcade's On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode 3, and you have an iThingie, then you can purchase the iTunes version here.

I played (and finished) the PC version, but the iThing reviews have been uniformly strong, and I spent more time with this game than any other this year, with only exception.

The exception is 10000000, which you should also buy immediately.

I said this when writing about the PC version, but I think Episode 3 captures more of what I see as the personality of Penny Arcade than previous versions. It's retro, in a tremendously enjoyable way, and Zeboyd Games deserves a ton of credit for the game that emerged. The mechanics are solid, the humor is (of course) terrific, and the entire enterprise is infused with a fine sense of whimsy.

Not nearly enough whimsy in the world these days.

Site Meter