Thursday, October 11, 2012

Eli 11.2 has been sick for almost a week, but he went back to school yesterday, and tonight, his hockey development team had a scrimmage against the Squirt travel team, which is one division younger.

He hadn't been in goal for a week and a half, and his development teammates had never even played with each other as a team. So I was expecting a bumpy ride.

That's a teaser, because I'm so exhausted tonight that I can't stay awake to write the story. But it's been an interesting two days, and I'll tell you about it next week, along with a post I'm going to call "The Snot Rocket", in which snot and the phrase "Beamonesque" become permanently linked.

Work, Eli being sick, writing, being injured, writing, and trying to run a beta has really taken a toll on me, although I know I'll survive. And Eli's hockey schedule this year includes practices on Saturday (7:15 a.m.) and Sunday (6:00 a.m.--holy crap). Every week. Brutal!

Site Meter