Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Favor, Please

Guys, I would really appreciate it if you could spend a few seconds (or minutes) helping me out.

Graham Wilkinson, a tremendous songwriter who I've written about many times in the past, is currently in an MTV contest called "Best Freshman Video". The contest has videos from five bands, and if Graham's video gets the most votes, his video will be in the MTV rotation for a week.

This would be a huge break for one of the best musicians I've ever heard, as well as one of the nicest people I've ever met.

Now, before you (and you know who "you" are) write some brilliant bot to cast a million votes for him (not that I don't appreciate the sentiment), here are the applicable rules:
...each Voting Period shall commence on Monday at 11:00:01 AM (ET) and continue through Friday at 1:59:59 PM (ET). No robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated votes (collectively "Automated Votes") permitted. Automated Votes or votes that have been tampered with will result in disqualification of all such votes.

So no script or bots, but you can vote as many times manually as you want, and voting ends at 2 p.m. ET on Friday.

Right now, Graham has the lead (by 1%), so it looks like it's going to be tight.

Graham has given me some inspiring, transcendant moments with his music (seriously, this is the only time I could honestly use the word "transcendant" and not burst out laughing), and I want to help him reach a wider audience. So if you'd like to help, go to the contest page and vote your ass off. Just look in the upper-right hand corner where it says "VOTE NOW."

It's hard to believe (particularly for me), but there are enough of you guys to have an impact on this contest, and nothing would make me happier. So thank you very, very much for your time.

Site Meter