Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Indie Notes: A Valley Without Wind, Frozen Synapse, And Age of Fear: The Undead King

Rock, Paper, Shotgun has more information about A Valley Without Wind, and it's looking more interesting than ever. This is one of my most-anticipated games of the year.

Speaking of most-anticipated games, I've been playing the beta of Frozen Synapse for the last week. It's my first experience with the single-player campaign, and I am blown away by the level of detail and polish in the campaign so far.

Frozen Synapse has the highest production values I've ever seen in an indie game, and it's tremendously impressive.

Les Sliwko let me know that there's a new promotion running for Age Of Fear: The Undead King. Until June 6, the game is $14.99 (a 25% discount), and in addition, any purchase receives two licenses instead of one.

I think the indie games are far, far more interesting this year than the big budget games. In fact, I'm having a very difficult time caring about any of the big releases, because they are so endlessly hyped that I'm tired of them before I even play.

The big budget games, because they are so heavily marketed now as part of the "every release must be a huge hit" strategy, are inevitably over-promising and under-delivering. Indie games, though, are often the opposite.

Site Meter