Thursday, February 03, 2011

News Of Other Hells Freezing Over: Snowpocalypse 2011

The low this morning was 20F, and snow is supposed to start about 5 p.m.

WTF? Let me rephrase that: TFW?

Accumulations of 1" to 3" are expected. 3" in central Texas is blizzard territory. Once it starts snowing, the ratio of drivers to wrecks is expected to be a ratio of roughly 1-1.

If it really does snow that much, the entire city will shut down. Schools will close. Both Eli 9.6 and I are looking forward to that.

Here's something even more bizarre. There's a 30% chance of snow in LAREDO (which is right on the Mexican border). It did snow 2 inches in Laredo on Christmas in 2004, but other than that, I doubt that it's snowed there in the last 40 years. Crazy.

Plus, there's a 50% chance of snow in Corpus Christi (where I grew up). It snowed about .000001 of an inch when I was in sixth grade, but for the eighteen years I lived there, that was it.

Site Meter