Wednesday, November 18, 2009

There Will Be Blood, And A Fistful Of Points

I went for my regular park ride yesterday. I had one fall, but with the new, longer pants as part of my riding gear, I didn't think anything about it, just got up and kept riding.

After I finished the ride and drove home, I went to the freezer to get an ice pack to put on my knees (tendonitis, it was decided). I lifted up my shorts leg and the first thing I thought was "Where did all that f-ing blood come from?"

Okay, so wearing long shorts apparently doesn't protect you from losing skin (and bleeding). You just do less of it.

I finally passed four million points in my drum career in The Beatles: Rock Band, which moved me up into the 4200 range on the leader board. Points are much harder to come by now, but I did get my tenth gold star yesterday.

It's still almost impossible for me to play songs with repetitive double bass beats. Hard Day's Night is a good example--it's on the lowest tier in terms of difficulty, and I can 99% it at 90% speed, but at 100% speed, I just can't keep my foot working long enough. I can five-star it, but my score on Expert is still much lower than my score on Hard.

I'm still amazed by how much fun these songs are to play. Songs like Back In the U.S.S.R. and Birthday are incredibly fun, even on Hard.

Site Meter