Thursday, September 24, 2009

Eli 8.1

On an entirely unrelated note, Gloria believes that Dallas Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips looks like the Skipper. I believe she has a point:
Wade Phillips
the Skipper

Photoshop submissions are appreciated.
__________

I took Eli 8.1 for our weekly trip to California Pizza Kitchen on Tuesday. He brought his homework with him, and while we waited for our food, he worked feverishly. After about 15 minutes, he stood up from his chair.

"Oh yeah, baby! He said. "I am done. DONE. Homework is OVER. It's over, it's over. Woo hoo!" Then he sang "Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh uh uh uh uh uh uh."

"That's great," I said. "Let me see your paper and I'll check it."

"I'm not quite finished yet," he said.
___________

Our way back to the car, Eli kicked me in the butt. "Now comes the waiting," I said.

"Waiting for what?" he asked.

"To avenge the honor of my buttocks," I said. Eli laughed, then refused to walk in front or even beside me. "I call a truce in the store," I said, and then he walked beside me, though still suspicious.

When we walked out of the store, he said, "You're never going to get me." What he didn't know was that I had reached into my pocket and was holding a quarter in my hand. When he turned his head, I tossed the quarter so that it landed behind him.

He turned to look, of course, entirely neglecting his defensive strategy, and I kicked him in the butt. "Who threw that money?" he asked.

I laughed. "You!" he shouted, laughing. "I can't believe I fell for it!"
___________

Eli was about to take his shower, and he looked at me and said, "Dad, do you have a six-pack?"

"No," I said.

"You don't?" he asked. "Well, do you have a four-pack?"

"No," I said.

"What? Do you at least have a TWO-pack?"

"No two-pack," I said.

"Well, what DO you have?" he asked.

"A two-liter bottle, I think."

"Dad!"

"Little man, do you even know what it means to have a six-pack?" I asked.

"I have NO idea," he said.

Site Meter