Monday, May 04, 2009

Elections

We have local elections in a week. I think.

I know it's our duty as citizens to get involved politically, but when I start a sentence with "I know...but" you know how it's going to end.

For this last presidential election, both myself and Gloria were fully engaged. In my case, it was for the first time in my adult life.

Now, though, it's back to the local stuff. Scooter McCray running for Justice of the Peace, Place 79.

I'm not going to even label the names in this conversation, because it could be either one of us, and it's slightly fictionalized, but only slightly.

"So have you voted yet?"

"No, but I'm definitely voting for Buster, um, McQuicken."

"Buster? Do you mean Brewster McCracken?"

"That's what I meant."

"Are you voting for Larry Laughingwell, too?"

"Very funny. I know it's Lee Leffingwell."

"All I know is I'm definitely voting 'no' on Proposition Four."

"There is no Proposition Four. But I think you should vote to incorporate the Anderson Mill district into Austin."

"We can't vote on it unless we live in that district."

"I'm guessing we don't."

"No."

Site Meter