Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The Party

"I'm trying to schedule a party for Farrah," Gloria said. Farrah is one of her good friends, an incredibly nice woman, and she was having a birthday soon.

"That's nice of you," I said. "Have you filed a spousal impact statement yet?"

"I can't believe how difficult it is to get everyone together," she said, quite properly ignoring me. "Colleen said yes, then had to switch, and Kathleen is out of town, and it seems like everyone else has changed their available dates at least once. I've been on the phone for days trying to get this worked out."

"This is one of the important differences between men and woman," I said.

"How is that?"

"Men send out a party invitation, and if more than one person wants to change the date, we immediately send out an e-mail with the subject line 'DAMN PARTY CANCELLED.' "

"And go back to your study," she said.

"Correct. And in the old days, before studies, we would have gone back to our garage workshop and started building a boat."

Site Meter