Monday, February 18, 2008

The Dead Drop

I walked into Gloria's study while she was sitting at her computer.

"That article I sent you on super delegates is pretty interesting," I said, walking away.

"Hey!" she shouted.

I turned around. "Yes?" I asked.

"I wanted to talk," she said.

"We just did."

"No, you walked in, said something, and left," she said. "You do that all the time."

"Oh, I see," I said. "When you say you want to talk, you mean to each other."

"Yes," she said.

"That's risky," I said.

"I can't wait to hear why."

"Well, women see communication as leading to all kinds of positive feelings, but men don't have feelings," I said. "To us, communication is foolhardy and often dangerous. We far prefer the dead drop approach."

"The dead drop?" she asked.

"It's a communication method commonly used in espionage--or marriage," I said. "The agent leaves information at an agreed-upon location, where it is retrieved at a later time by a second party."

"Great," she said.

"If that's not enough, we could try a brush pass," I said.

"Don't even think I'm going to ask," she said.

Site Meter