Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Zombies

"Hey, Hot Fuzz is getting excellent reviews," I said. I was sitting with Gloria on the couch.

"Hot Fuzz? What's that?" she asked.

"It's the new movie by the guys who made 'Shaun of the Dead' ," I said. "You liked that movie."

"I did," she said, "although I didn't like all the zombie killing."

"What?"

"The zombies," she repeated. "I haven't played enough video games to get desensitized to violence like you have," she said, laughing.

She's good.

"What exactly are you supposed to do with a zombie?" I asked. "Square dance?"

"Well, they used to be people," she said.

"Used to be are the important words here," I said. "They are no longer human, or even living. They are undead, existing in a kind of hellish limbo. Like Cubs fans."

"I'll take your word for it," she said, which translates to I'm ignoring you.

Look, you're supposed to kill zombies," I said. "How can you not know that? Were you raised by wolves?"

"It didn't come up," Gloria.

"I can't believe I married a zombie lover," I said.

Site Meter