Friday, April 14, 2006

Riley 7.1

DQ reader Scott Moore (our man at NASA) sent in a very funny story about his son, Riley 7.1. It's good to know that Eli 4.8 is not alone.

Just yesterday I was working on the "tree house" (It's more of a 7 foot high deck on 4 posts built between 2 trees, but I digress) and I see Riley 7.1 come running out of the house. I instantly think, "What's wrong? What has his sister done now?"

He finally makes it over to me and says, "Dad, I've been looking for you everywhere!"

"What is it son?"

"I was playing my football game (PS2 NCAA 2004) and Alabama went from all B's to all A's"

"You came all the way out here to tell me that?"

"Yea, it's cool."

"OK, thanks."

So he turns to head back inside, but then stops and says, "Dad, what if I was a cow?"

In the past I would have been stunned into silence, but I've gotten use to these random question out of left field, so I said, "Well, I guess we would have free milk for life and potty training would have been a little harder. And I guess we would have to come up with some kind of bovine adapter to help you use the computer and your game controller."


"So I could still stay in the house?"

"Well, if I were your dad, assuming I'm still human, and mom was human and you were a cow. That's would be one amazing freak of nature and hopefully we could get rich off of it and I could afford to build a larger house and and make your room like a small pasture."

"Oooo, that would be cool."

"Yea, cool."

Site Meter