Tuesday, March 28, 2006

2006 is not 2005

I said frequently last year that it was the worst year for gaming that I could ever remember.

What a difference a few months makes.

Here's what I'm playing right now:
--Oblivion (which will be considered one of the top RPG's of all-time)
--Guitar Hero (the funnest game I've ever played)
--MLB '06 (the finest baseball game I've ever played, and I'll be writing about it this week)
--Gal Civ II (which will be considered one of the top turn-based strategy games of all-time)
--Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (which is just totally spectacular)

That's not even including Civ IV, which could well be considered the best turn-based strategy game of all time. Yes, GH and Civ IV were technically released last year, but it's the addition of titles released in the first quarter of 2006 that puts this list totally over the top.

That's the best lineup of games at one time that I've ever played. I can't think of another group of games that was even close.

Right now, it's Oblivion and Guitar Hero in the study, with MBL '06 on the PSP when I go upstairs for the night. Gal Civ II and GRAW are getting hardly any time at all, even though I'd really like to be playing them.

I can't find time to play all the great games that are out right now? What a great problem to have.

Site Meter