Sunday, January 29, 2006

And Still More

A rare weekend update to pass along some information from a story I saw linked over at Kotaku. I was going to say on Friday that it wouldn't surprise me at all if we woke up some day and Take-Two was bought out or shut down, but I hedged my bets because that sounded so extreme.

My mistake. Here's an excerpt from the article:
(http://www.nypost.com/business/62365.htm):
January 28, 2006 -- With its cash dwindling and regulators circling, the edgy Take Two Interactive is looking for a financial lifeline from buyout firms.

Take Two, which makes the popular "Grand Theft Auto," has been "in active talks" with several buyout firms over the past week, souces told The Post.

The funds were not identified.

"For a fund, it is a bet that the cash flows from sales of 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas' and 'Liberty City Tales,' and new management could get around the growing liabilities," said a source close to the company.

I certainly don't consider the New York Post to be a bastion of investigative journalism, but it doesn't seem unreasonable based on what's happened in the last few days.

Site Meter