Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Parent Logic 101

If both A: I almost never take a vacation day from work,
And B: Eli is almost never sick
are true, then complete the following:
If I take a vacation day, then Eli ___________.

If you're a parent, you know that the correct answer is "will be sick." Sure, that doesn't make any sense at all for normal people, but parents know exactly what I'm talking about.

So last night Eli 4.3 had a little temperature for the first time in about five months, and I knew he was going to wake up sick this morning--parent logic demanded it.

This morning, though--no fever. He's apparently inherited Gloria's freakazoid immune system, which is somewhere between genetically modified and downright alien.

They just left for pre-school and I'm about to get started. Now, in fact.

Oh, and by the way--if you have any launch night madness stories to share, please send them and I'll make a compilation post later.

First up: Project Gotham Racing.

Site Meter