Monday, November 21, 2005

Looking Toward the Launch

It looks like Microsoft is going to have a phenomenal launch. I received e-mails as early as 3 p.m. today about people lining up outside stores. Everything I read indicates that the lines are ridiculously long just about everywhere.

I'm set for the launch. I'm going to write up a conversation that I had with Gloria last weekend, play a bit of the funnest game I've ever played (I'm writing that up this Friday), and then I'm heading over to EB about 11:45 to pick up my pre-order at midnight. It's a very low-volume store, and I've prepaid, so hopefully I can walk in and walk out pretty quickly. I'm going to hook everything up tonight but not play any games until the morning.

The plan is to start playing about 8:30 a.m. Play a game for an hour, write it up (about thirty minutes), post it, lather, rinse, repeat. It may not take thirty minutes for each write-up, and if a game is immediately bad I'm not going to waste an hour on it, so I'm hoping to work through eight or nine games before I crash from old person exhaustion.

Here's the X factor, unfortunately: Eli 4.3, who hasn't been sick for about six months, looks like he might be coming down with something. If he stays home tomorrow instead of going to pre-school, That precise 1 hour play/ 1/2 hour write-up schedule is going to be thrown off, although I'm still going to do as much as I can.

Site Meter