Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Death to Duets Involving Creatures Made From Felt

We all went to lunch together, and afterwards we head over to KB Toys so Eli 4.3 can soak up the atmosphere of thousands of toys in one place.

They're playing music, of course, and it's the obligatory "Muppets Singing With Somebody" album. You know--Julio Iglesias and the Cookie Monster in a tender ballad about baked goods, Courtney Love singing Hole's "Teenage Whore" with Miss Piggy--the kind of music that the Stasi used as an interrogative technique.

Here's what I can't figure out. Why are these singers singing duets with puppets? When you're singing a song with a puppet that only comes "alive" when someone jams their hand up its ass, I've got to think that isn't really a great career decision.

Now here's a thought on the contest. Most of the qualifiers are all over these questions. I'm sure that some of them have text archives, but they're just so good and so fast that there doesn't seem to be any way to confuse them. So we're down to the last question, and I'm thinking--what if I make a post with the answer to the contest question, then post the question itself seconds later? Would everybody be in such a mad dash to find the answer that they would, in effect, ignore the answer? You know, if I casually mentioned something right now, like the first trophy I ever won was in a Putt-Putt competition when I was nine.

Let's see how that goes.

Site Meter