Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Payout

We actually did go to the mall today--Gloria, Eli 4.0 and I all went to lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. Across from CPK there is some kind of build-a-bear store. Stuffed bears, that is. Eli always wanders over there and meticulously looks through every single thing in the store. While he's doing that, I'm listening to an endlessly perky employee discuss bear building, and in the background this unbelievable music is playing that's all about bears and rainbows and happiness and arrghhhh! Insincere Retail Cute Overload!

"Let me ask you something," I said to Gloria.

"What?"

"If this music makes me shoot myself, is it considered suicide--or murder?"

"Tough call," she said.

"Because I want to make sure the life insurance pays out," I said.

Site Meter