Friday, April 08, 2005

My Wife: Appearing Every Night This Week

We were watching “Scooby-Doo and the Loch Ness Monster” yesterday. As a family.

Eli 3.7 really enjoys watching Scooby-Doo. And, like approximately a hundred million other men in this country, I do a flawless Scooby-Doo impersonation, which he just thinks is hilarious.

So we’re all watching this cartoon, and five minutes into the show, the Harlem Globetrotters show up in Scotland. I’ll be damned if I know why.

Since it’s a Scooby-Doo cartoon, and since this a feature-length show, there’s a triple dose of chicanery. At one point, there are three different Loch Ness monsters at one time, all being piloted by various real estate developers and amusement park owners and bitter caretakers and whatnot.

And they’re all on land.

Gloria looks at me and says “Do you think everyone has a bumper sticker that says ‘My Other Car is a Loch Ness Monster’?”

Site Meter