Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Virtual Apple

Thanks to DQ reader LP Miller (of the outstanding high-tech discounts site www.gotapex.com) for sending me a link to the best emulator I've ever had the pleasure of using. It's an Apple II and Apple IIGS emulator, and it is beautifully easy to use--all it requires is an Active X control. There are over 1100 disk images online, and all you do is select the game you'd like to play and wait for it to load.

Just watching the IIGS boot-up screen brought back a flood of good memories. The first time I saw an Apple IIGS it was running Mean 18 (a golf game), and it looked and sounded so good that I was absolutely amazed. That was why I eventually bought a IIGS, and I have many, many good memories of gaming on that system. So it was a huge treat to play Mean 18 again and relive those memories.

Here's the link: http://www.virtualapple.com/.

Site Meter