Tuesday, December 28, 2004

2004 Year in Review: Biggest Surprise

I have a transcript of this moment, fortunately. It came in August when I received a surprise phone call from the IOC.

"Hello, this is the International Olympic Committee. Congratulations on winning the gold medal in gymnastics!"
"I'm not a gymnast. I'm sitting on my couch in my underwear. I have better things to do than watch guys jouncing their prominently displayed man packages in front of my face."
"I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do. There was apparently a scoring error and it's your gold medal."
"Fine. Mail it and I'll sell it on EBay."
"Will do. And just a quick note: the entire nation of South Korea now despises you."
"They'll have to go through my publicist. I'm a gold medal winner now and don't have time for their crap.

Site Meter