Thursday, November 11, 2004

In Glorious HD

I went to Fry's just now to pick up the Saitek backlit gaming keyboard
(http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/index.htm), which is the kind of product I mentioned in a column about a year and a half ago. It's almost exactly what I said I wanted, and the reviews I've seen have been uniformly excellent.

That's not what this is about, though. As I walked into Fry's, I saw a 50"+ high-definition set in prime viewing location near the front entrance. It's a great place to sell people on the amazing virtues of high-definition.

[Insertion of imaginary patter: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, FRIENDS AND COUNTRYMEN, LEAVE YOUR EARS AT HOME AND LEND ME YOUR EYES INSTEAD, BECAUSE I AM ABOUT TO SHOW YOU THE MOST AMAZING SIGHT! BEHOLD, THE WONDERS OF HIGH-DEFINITION TELEVISION, THE STUPENDOUS AND ASTONISHING RESOLUTION, THE COLORS LEAPING OFF THE SCREEN, AS SEEN IN THIS fireplace video.]

That's right. A fireplace video.

[Insert imaginary customers dialogue:
"Honey, I know that new television cost us two thousand dollars, but it's all worth it, because our fireplace videos are going to look better than ever before."

"I love you, Hank."]

Site Meter