Sunday, September 26, 2004

Beer

Tonight I went to pick up some dinner for everyone, and as I sat at the restaurant bar waiting for our meal, I saw a tap for 'Fat Tire' beer. I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I liked the name so much that I almost had one anyway. It seems that the only purpose of a beer's name now is to be as obtuse as possible. I have no idea what kind of product information names like My Cousin Emma's Panties Porter or Sacred Yak Pilsner are supposed to convey, but they are somehow exotic and strangely compelling.

I think it would be an excellent idea if Ripley's Believe It Or Not started their own line of beers. Brews like Papuan Cannibal Skull Stout, Genuine Fiji Mermaid Dry, and Mike the Headless Chicken Irish Ale could be best sellers. I eagerly await their arrival.

Site Meter